Alpinestars Tech Air Street Airbag
Subcribe to back in stock notification
Tech-Air® is the world’s first self-contained street airbag system that independently functions without the need for sensors to be installed on the bike and the subsequent need to link a specific motorcycle to the airbag system used by the rider. This means that Tech-Air® offers the freedom to ride any bike on any surface at any time. Offering instantaneous, high-pressure inflatable protection Tech-Air® gives the rider comprehensive protection in a crash by covering the full back, shoulders, kidney areas and chest. The Tech-Air® street airbag is incorporated into a specially designed vest, which is then attached within and used in conjunction with a compatible jacket. There are a variety of Tech-Air®Street Compatible garments available.
• Electronic Airbag Control Unit (ACU) incorporated within strong, lightweight, ergonomic polymer back protector, optimized for race and track use.
• Electronic sensors incorporated in the system’s chassis, mean vest is completely selfcontained and allows it to be worn interchangeably with compatible garments.
• Advanced multi-material main shell incorporates Lycra®, 2D mesh and Cordura.
• Interior comprises of perforated Lycra, 3D mesh and soft touch edging for high levels of comfort.
• Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position airbag system and ensure custom fit and improve adjustability.
• System’s firmware is upgradable and can be configured to run the Tech-Air Street airbag settings for non-racing use in road and off-road situations.
• ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
• System uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
• System vest incorporates convenient connection system, allowing system to be connected to race suit quickly and easily for peace-of-mind activation of airbag and LED display.
• Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
• System features Dual Charge capability for M-XL sizes (2XL garments have only single charge capacity).
• Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance between 45 milliseconds to 5 seconds.
• Design and manufacture CE certified to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive.
• Ergonomically profiled, performance fit airbag vest gives full upper body protection and is optimized for use with Alpinestars compatible racing/performance leather suits and jackets.
• Specially designed, race-developed back protector, offering comprehensive inflatable full upper body protection for back shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
• Deployment system utilizes argon inflator cartridges which are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard.
• ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure its all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function in all weather conditions between -10⁰C and +50⁰C.