Event Rules and Regulations
EVENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All riders are required to read and sign the “Release of Liability” waiver on the date of event during morning registration. This waiver states that participation in this sport is dangerous and you will not hold Ignition Motorsports or Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit, their staff or other riders liable.
- All riders must attend the mandatory morning riders meeting. Non-attendees will not be allowed on the track.
- All riders are responsible for their own personal medical insurance coverage. Ignition Motorsports and VIMC do not provide medical insurance. Reckless riding of any kind is subject to ejection from the event.
- Crashing– DON’T. If you do crash, the accident will be evaluated and if it’s determined that it was caused by reckless or unsafe riding, it will result in ejection from the day’s event. If we feel it was just a simple incident and the medical staff clears you to continue, we will attempt to return your bike to a condition that is safe to ride and if desired, we will get you back on course.
- All motorcycles and safety gear must be inspected by tech inspection prior to re-entry to the track.
- Falsification or misuse of tech stickers (group jumping) will result in ejection from day’s event.
- If an unregistered rider is found riding a registered rider’s bike, both the registered and unregistered riders will be ejected from the day’s event and banned from Ignition Motorsports and VIMC for the remainder of the year.
- Alcohol consumption and illegal substances are strictly prohibited at any Ignition Motorsports event. Having any medical issues that require one to use such substances does not give you permission to participate. This rule applies to riding participants as well as their crew, family and friends. Anyone found to be consuming alcohol will be asked to leave the grounds.
- All riders must act in a responsible manner. Those engaging in unsportsmanlike behavior, including being physically or verbally abusive, will be asked to leave the grounds.
- Ignition Motorsports reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual.
- Riders ejected from any Ignition Motorsports event forfeit all payments/credits for that day.
Safety is the biggest priority of both Ignition Motorsports and Vancouver Island
Motorsport Circuit. Built in 2016, the circuit has been designed and built to the highest safety standards. During the event, a team of professional marshals and experienced control riders will ensure your safety at all times. Our on track team is supported by a state of the art control room where marshals will monitor every inch of the track and control a digital safety flagging system. During the event, there will be a professional medical team on site. VIMC is located 5 km from the Cowichan District Hospital.
If you have any questions or concerns about safety, please do not hesitate to contact us at Ignition Motorsports.
Ignition Motorsports accepts the following payment methods through our website: Paypal. Cash, debit and credit are accepted at Ignition Motorsports prior to the event.
We ride rain or shine! There are no refunds or credits due to rain. This means if it’s raining or if rain is predicted at the event you are cancelling, you will not receive a refund.
DECIBEL LEVEL POLICY
No machine at a VIMC event may exceed 95 dB at any time.
Many race tracks have a decibel level requirement that you must abide by and VIMC is no exception. Ignition Motorsports does not check noise levels during technical inspection. If track officials flag you for excessive noise and you are unable to bring your machine into compliance, your day will be forfeited with no credit.
Ignition Motorsports has a 14-day cancellation policy. If you cancel prior to the 14 day window, you will receive full credit toward another Ignition Motorsports event. There are no refunds. Cancellations will not be accepted with less than 14 days’ notice. Ignition Motorsports reservations are transferable to another person that you designate.
Cancellations occurring within the two-week period will result in forfeiture of payment. In the event you are unable to attend a track day, you are welcome to transfer your purchased date(s) to an alternative rider. To ensure registration of your alternate attendee, please contact the Ignition Motorsports prior to the event.
Do not show up with a dirty bike!
Oil – Must be free of leaks – check drain plug, fillers and filter
Chain – The chain and sprockets must be in good condition, lubricated, and properly adjusted
Steering - Must not interfere with cables or fairing - Proper range of motion
Brakes – Firm brake lever and pedal. Front and rear brakes must be in good working condition.
Pads must have at least 50% life.
Forks/Shock - Forks must have smooth travel and seals without leaks.
Throttle - Properly adjusted and must snap back to the closed position at all bar positions.
Tires – Must be in excellent condition and suitable for track riding.
Lights & Signals – All lenses need to be taped or removed. (turn signals, headlight, taillight)
Mirrors – Must be removed or completely taped over
License Plate – Must be removed
Sliders – Not required but highly recommended
Noise – Must not exceed 95 DB (tested on track)
Show up with your bike ready to go or bring your own tools/tape!
One Piece Leathers
Two Piece Leathers
Textiles that zip together are ok
Back Protector - Required
Chest Protector – Advised
Motorcycle Gloves - Gauntlet Style
Helmet- meet or exceed SNELL 2010 OR ECE R22-05; manufacturer date within 5 years; in
Motorcycle Specific Boots that cover the ankle
Riders will not be allowed on track until your gear meets these standards.
If you have any questions regarding your motorcycle tech or riding gear please don’t hesitate to call us or stop in to Ignition Motorsports.